Wednesday, March 09, 2005

What am I getting myself into?

Well, it looks like our bathroom is going to get remodeled next weekend. Did I mention we have a 1 bathroom house. This is going to be fun! I just hope things go as planned (like that will happen!) so we are not without a bathroom for longer than the weekend. Travis and his Dad, our handy man, will start work next Friday evening I think. We (when I saw we I really mean Travis & Howard....not quite sure what I will do, probably just get in the way!) are going to put in a tub surround to cover up this very old tile (it is way too expensive for us to re-tile this whole bathroom!), replace the faucets in the shower, maybe replace the floor & toilet. Everything still works, it is just really old and we are going to be putting the house on the market in the spring. Got to make it look pretty for someone else!
Travis & I are heading out the Lowes to purchase the tub surround and the faucets. The part I really hate is having to part with a lot of money. I didn't realize how expensive this project is going to be. I keep thinking that I am going to have to spend even more money in a couple of weeks because we are painting the outside of the house too.....what am I getting myself into??
It should all work out in the end...hopefully!!

No comments: