Thursday, May 05, 2005

Are we done yet??

I know my mother is going to have a field day with that title....."cakes are done...people are FINISHED!" Anyhoo...we (meaning Travis & Howard) fixed the sink in the bathroom only to discover another leak in another pipe. Well, they got that one fixed and later that night we found a leak in the pipe they had taken apart in order to fix the previous leak....Travis went back to Lowes (I told him we really should buy stock in that company...we have been there more in the past year...I think they are starting to recognize our faces!!) to pick up the stuff to fix it. We will see when we get home if it worked....kepp your fingers crossed!
The floor is in and looks great! I got down and scrapped all the clue marks that my hubby & father in-law left and gave it a good cleaning....looks good. We added a few decorative touches to the bathroom last night so it is cleaned and ready. (we have a lady coming to look at the house on Sat....it isn't on the market yet.) Travis is now working on cleaning up the basement (organizing the boxes, finishing the laundry & mobbing the floor. I cleaned the bathroom (top to bottom) and did a little in the kitchen. I am cleaning out cabinets & cubbards tonight. The food we haven't used in a while is getting taken to a food bank or being thrown out...I need the storage room!
Our friends from Key West, Fl came in over the weekend and are leaving Friday (bummer), but they came over Monday night and Travis made dinner for us. He got up early Monday morning and started smoking a "Boston Butt" or Pork butt or something. Anyhoo, he made 2 and they were (are) wonderful!! We had so much that it fed all four of us that night, Travis & I everynight & day this week, his parents, my parents and my sisters & their kids and we STILL have more! I told my Mom I was going to bring her more tomorrow. There was just so much, but it was worth it...it was so good. Oh, we even gave a little to our dog & cat...they loved it too!

Well, that is all for now. I will try to post some pictures of the floor tonight.

No comments: